Respecting your personal information.
Elmhurst Golf and Country Club is a not for profit corporation which is committed to promoting the game of golf and other social activities for its members and guests by maintaining and managing a golf course and clubhouse facilities. Elmhurst also promotes, manages and conducts tournaments and other entertainment such as banquets and weddings.
Elmhurst is dedicated to maintaining confidentiality with respect to personal information that has been provided to it. This privacy statement has been prepared to affirm Elmhurst’s commitment to maintaining the privacy of its members and others and to inform you of its practices concerning the collection, use and disclosure of information provided to it.
The commitment and obligation to maintain privacy applies to the Board of Governors, employees, contractors and agents who provide services to or on behalf of Elmhurst in connection with its provision of information and services to its members and guests.
Elmhurst collects information, about its members through a Membership Application form and does so to fulfill the objectives of the Club. Elmhurst collects members’ names, family relationships, birth dates, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses. Elmhurst may also collect employment and credit information in order to verify creditworthiness and to secure payment of accounts. The achievement of Elmhurst’s objectives involve, among other things:
– maintaining a record of shareholders;
– communicating with members by mail and/or by e-mail to provide account and membership information, newsletters, surveys, election ballots, notices of meetings and information about Club events;
– printing an annual roster of members’ names, addresses and telephone numbers and distributing the roster to other Club members;
– maintaining an annual roster of members’ names, addresses and telephone numbers on our website to which other Club members have access by way of a member password;
– verifying the appropriate membership categories and fees, based on age or family relationships;
– maintaining a record of members’ golf scores and handicaps.
Elmhurst also collects personal information necessary for promoting, managing and conducting tournaments, weddings and banquets at Elmhurst. Contact information, such as names, addresses, and telephone numbers is obtained by telephone or by the applicant(s) filling out a Confirmation form. The information is used to communicate with the individual(s) for the purposes of organizing their event. If it is a recurring event, the information will be used to contact the individual(s) to book future events. If it is a non-recurring event, the information will be retained for auditing purposes.
In order to fulfill the objectives of Elmhurst it is required to disclose personal information to others. Parties to whom personal information is disclosed include:
– Golf Manitoba, & Golf Canada
– Manitoba Liquor Control Commission
– Service providers, such as printing companies and auditors
In order to protect personal information and the right to privacy, Elmhurst endeavors to:
– Maintain reasonable security standards to protect our systems, documentation, and information against unauthorized access;
– Retain service providers that are bound to maintain confidentiality and to not use personal information for unauthorized purposes;
– Familiarize our employees with reasonable procedures regarding the collection, use, and distribution of personal information;
– Not collect, use or distribute personal information for purposes other than those identified, without obtaining prior consent;
– Obtain appropriate consents for the collection, use, and distribution of personal information.
There are circumstances where disclosure of personal information may be justified or permitted under a legal duty or right and Elmhurst may disclose such information without consent. Personal information may include all information on the Membership Application form or the Confirmation form for event organizers. In such circumstances where, in the opinion of Elmhurst, it is appropriate or necessary to disclose personal information, Elmhurst will not disclose more information than is required.
Elmhurst will retain personal information provided to it only for so long as it is required for the purposes stated above. Elmhurst endeavors to maintain the accuracy of any information about members in its possession. It cannot, however, assure the accuracy of such information.
If you would like access to your personal information, or to update or challenge the accuracy of personal information held by Elmhurst, please contact our Privacy Officer, at the following addresses:
Elmhurst Golf & Country Club
Winnipeg, MB R2C 2Z2
Telephone: (204) 224-2244
Fax: (204) 222-3091
You may also withdraw your consent, or limit your consent to the ways in which Elmhurst may collect, use, or disclose your personal information. Please contact Elmhurst’s office if you wish to limit or withdraw your consent. If you do not limit or withdraw your consent, Elmhurst will assume that it has your consent for the continued use of your personal information for purposes described in this Policy.
Any complaints about Elmhurst’s privacy policies and/or the manner in which it has handled your personal information can be made to the office, or to the Secretary of the Board of Governors at the above noted addresses.
To find out more about federal privacy laws, please contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at 1-800-282-1376 or visit the website at www.privcom.gc.ca.